Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Saw Bengals Telegraphing Offense Plays To Jets Defense
(11-02-2021, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sheesh people are soooo sensitive to any perceived sleight.

I don't know if there's anything to what Kevin is saying or not, but thus far, the only evidence presented (Bengals being 29th in time to snap) seems to help Kevin's case.

1 second on *average* is a bigger deal than yall think. It's not going to be 1 second every time. Sometimes its going to be one second faster than average. Other times, 2-3 seconds slower...and when we're talking about NFL defenders, an extra few seconds may help them diagnose some plays.

Let me just ask this: What was the point of the sugar huddle? Ok...now if we're the opposite of that, wouldn't it stand to reason that more plays could be diagnosed?

Can we have one discussion without getting offended? I think its an intriguing question, and maybe instead of arguing about it, we can have an intelligent discussion and get to the bottom of this? One can dream.

It's not about being offended, it's about his "observation" not being based in any sort of football backed reality. The speed at which a play is called does not give away the play call which was his initial premise that then kind of devolved into deciding we needed to move faster for productivity. While one can appreciate the change of pace form time to time can yield positive results, the slower pace is not any indicator of pass or "run up the middle with Mixon" as Kevin has proposed.

I enjoy coming here to talk football but the reality is most people here know nothing about football beyond cursory knowledge and what they think. The complexities of NFL offenses and defenses is actually astounding and someone saying "heck I knew from my couch" is a level of hubris that is off putting at the least when you realize that person couldn't tell you the blocking scheme the offense was using or the run fits of the defense but he was so sure he knew the play. 

There is a difference of phrasing it "Could this be a tell?" versus telling everyone that it definitively is. One is about being curious and wanting discussion, the other is thinking you know something you know nothing about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Saw Bengals Telegraphing Offense Plays To Jets Defense - Au165 - 11-02-2021, 05:41 PM