Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families......
(11-02-2021, 05:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I appreciate the response and completely get your point.  I also do not want to derail the thread, so I'll simply point this out about the Rittenhouse trial.  It certainly is a moral grey area, but it absolutely is not a legal grey area.  Your own admission that Rittenhouse "probably" acted in self defense is grounds for acquittal.  Probably justified is a huge distance away from guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  I'll end with this, I have never, in twenty years of doing this job seen a more clear cut case of self defense, based solely on the video evidence alone.  

Yea, I don't think it's a legal gray area. If we go by the book rather than a moral sense of what is "right" I think acquittal is the correct judgment. The video evidence suggests that the crazy guy chasing him was the beginning of the physical confrontation and, if it wasn't, there's no evidence of anything beforehand. That's self defense, in my opinion.

I think the left's outrage about it is more moral, as many probably believe that walking around a protest with a gun strapped to you could be some form of incitement (similar to that Missouri couple who were arrested for brandishing their guns at protesters.) If people perceive you as a threat, they will naturally act hostile towards you, which I imagine is what happened in this case. 

So, legally, I think it's pretty open and shut, but I do hope this leads to some kind of reform on what it means to brandish a weapon (I'm not counting on it though. That conversation doesn't even seem to be occurring, let alone reaching some sort of resolution). Cuz, in my opinion, it's pretty ****** up that you can bring a gun somewhere and then if people react with hostility towards you implicitly threatening their life ("If you do something I perceive as wrong, who knows, I may shoot you. You better hope I'm not a crazy person!"), you may have grounds to kill them. If Kyle left the gun at home, no one dies and Kyle isn't sitting in jail right now.

But yea, I digress etc. These kinds of conversations are depressing. The point is, telling Brad facts about who separated more families and then watching him try to avoid the factual answer with stock photos of a guy making a silly face pointing at a response that doesn't mean what he thinks it means is just....way easier and way more cathartic. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families...... - CJD - 11-02-2021, 06:00 PM