Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Virginia/New Jersey Governor races
They are a big deal, but most folks on here aren't paying attention to them. Obviously, as a Virginian, I've been heavily invested in the races here. I'm not shocked by the outcomes for us. Despite so many of the liberals in my area, as well as the media, trying to say Virginia is a blue state, it has been and will remain purple. The Dems tried hard to paint Youngkin with the Trump brush, but that didn't stick very well. Youngkin isn't someone who has spent a ton of time in politics, so he doesn't really have a policy background that they could point to that would really portray him as a Trump-style individual.

Meanwhile, McAuliffe was just a terrible idea and many of us were saying as much from the start. That, combined with him really stepping in it during the debates and a poorly run campaign (IMHO), spelled his doom. There isn't a ton of tolerance right now for the political elite in the Commonwealth, and McAuliffe is a member of that group. And then there is the whole Biden factor, which hurts all Democrats running but especially those with a strong tie to the establishment.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia/New Jersey Governor races - Belsnickel - 11-03-2021, 07:34 AM