Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Virginia/New Jersey Governor races
(11-03-2021, 07:39 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I agree he should have never let Biden stump for him right now at all. Also if he wasn’t going to support school choice at this time he might have been better off avoiding the topic altogether. (I don’t know if that statement about parents not being involved in school was post the school issue blowing up or not though)

The school issue really blew up after that comment. Honestly, though, school choice is a shitty policy idea and I'm fine with him coming out against that. But, his statement was very anti-democratic and thus problematic.

(11-03-2021, 07:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think democrats can handle stuff like the VA loss as long as the candidates who run on a simple platform of "I'm Trump in high heels" or "I'm going to govern by the book of Trump" etc don't win.

Republicans making gains outside of the white house is standard stuff after a Democrat gets elected and vice versa, no?

That's the thing. The Democrats tried hard to paint Youngkin with the Trump brush, but his positions just didn't match. Trump is very unpopular in Virginia, so being Trumpish would not have worked. We'll see what happens, though. The state being so purple will mean, IMO, that what is to come will be rather measured because they know that if they go hard next year they will lose their footing in 2023.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia/New Jersey Governor races - Belsnickel - 11-03-2021, 08:21 AM