Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit......
(11-03-2021, 03:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Closing his eyes for a few seconds during a boring meeting? He fell asleep for over thirty seconds and only woke up because someone woke him up, and then he still was half asleep had no clue what was going on. It might have been boring but it was important. Aren't most meetings boring? And it was on the world stage.

You try and bash what I post when you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

What's most hilarious is you accuse me of failing and then claim that it's not up to me to decide whether you're failing.

Hypocritical?

The time at which he was asleep can be measured in seconds, not minutes, so we agree on the timing of his dozing off. He closed his eyes, opened them again and then closed them again. Then someone came to talk to  him. We don't know for a fact that he wouldn't have just opened his eyes again a few seconds later. He was in and out of sleep, as I said.

Also, I didn't accuse you of "failing." Failing is, generally, a subjective matter. If two people are arguing in front of a crowd (or, say, in a forum of people) and 99% of the people agree with one side, it's fair to say that the other side is "failing." It's not for either person in the discussion to decide who is and is not failing, it's up to the people watching.

What I told you was that you are often wrong. What I mean when I say "wrong" is that you say things that are factually incorrect, such as that little debacle where you thought Obama might have separated just as many families as Trump (or maybe more) because the article that I linked (which already said that Trump did it far more than Obama) said there weren't official counts for either administration. You were, objectively, misunderstanding what the article was saying and twisted it into an argument in your favor, which it was not.

There is a lot of room for opinion in politics. It's intrinsic to a lot of the discussions that take place here and in other political settings and much of what "debate" applies to. If you and I have a different opinion, neither of us are wrong or failing, necessarily. But you trip up on factual matters fairly often when laying the groundwork for many discussions here. If you can't even lay a factual groundwork for a topic, it's pretty much impossible to have a successful debate about the topic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit...... - CJD - 11-03-2021, 03:57 PM