Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: wages are 'too high'
(11-14-2015, 11:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote:
Maybe.  Haven't really thought about it that way.  I don't know the numbers for small businesses of 15-20 people, but I feel like the sweet spot is more 200-300. 
I don't think it makes the economy stronger - small businesses fail more often and can really struggle with less reserves and borrowing capacity to withstand downturns.  Although there is something to be said that 10 small companies can't each eliminate 1/10th a job, but consolidated into one company they could eliminate 1 job.  Again, however, you have to be able to eliminate that job to stay competitive globally.

To the bold, I think the lower number would have a greater impact on the difference in wages from a basic human nature stand point. Someone who operates a business with 15-20 people knows his people better. He's more likely to know what they need (in terms of cost of living), what obstacles they face, if they're overskilled for the position he has them in, if they're underskilled and costing him money. If you'vr got 200-300, you aren't spending much time knowing what you have and don't have in each employee.

Management should take care of that, but that's hit or miss. You've got to have managers willing to run the business as if it were there own, but I think the number who actually do isn't that great. 

To the rest of the first graf, most industries can diversify to weather a downturn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: wages are 'too high' - Benton - 11-15-2015, 02:14 PM