Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit......
(11-03-2021, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, you don't know the difference between an opinion that is based off of facts and an opinion that is based off of perception based off of what you want to be true.

Example: 

Opinion based off of perception of what you want to be true:

Trump and Biden are both the same because they both closed their eyes at events.

Opinion based off of facts:

Biden is struggling because he fell asleep for thirty seconds and only woke up because someone woke him up and then he put his head in his hands because he was obviously still struggling to stay awake.

Trump closing his eyes for a few seconds at a time is not struggling because that doesn't even mean he fell asleep or was even tired. 

It's hilarious that I had to explain that to you.

Wink

I think you're confusing your arguments. I never mentioned Trump or how long he fell asleep vs how long Biden fell asleep. I've never contested that Biden fell asleep. You can re-read our conversation if you want to verify that. 

As it stands right now, you have not yet made a factual error in this particular thread, at least not one that I've noticed, because this thread is entirely based on the opinion of whether an old man falling asleep for a few seconds (I use the word "few" to mean "some" and I consider 30 seconds to be "some" seconds. Just wanted to pre-emptively clarify that because you have the opinion that sleeping for 30 seconds is significantly worse than sleeping for 3 seconds, for whatever reason) is a big deal. My opinion is that it is not.

Where the whole fact vs opinion thing came in, for me, was you claiming that I was "failing" to bash you, presumably referencing multiple interactions between the two of us (because my initial post that you responded to sarcastically didn't even reference you). I clarified that I am not bashing you, nor can you determine if I was "failing" because failure in a setting like this is not up to the two people talking but more so the people observing the conversation.

I did, however, point out that you are often factually wrong about certain topics and my correcting your factually wrong statements may come off to you as bashing because no one likes being corrected, especially by someone they consider an adversary/opponent.

I made this distinction because you called me a hypocrite due to your misunderstanding about the difference between "failing" rhetorically and "being wrong" factually.

Then I gave an example of a time that you were factually wrong, citing our recent interaction with the whole payouts to illegal immigrants discussion. The situation with who separated more families, Trump or Obama.

Now, that may be my fault because I brought an example into this thread from another thread. That may have confused you. Even this very conversation has had many twists and turns along the way, it's understandable that you got a little lost. It happens to the best of us.

You also accused me of being "factually inaccurate" twice in this thread when neither of my posts had any facts in them. That is why I suspected you don't know what a fact is vs an opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Falls Asleep At Climate Summit...... - CJD - 11-03-2021, 06:59 PM