Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: wages are 'too high'
(11-15-2015, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, I think the lower number would have a greater impact on the difference in wages from a basic human nature stand point. Someone who operates a business with 15-20 people knows his people better. He's more likely to know what they need (in terms of cost of living), what obstacles they face, if they're overskilled for the position he has them in, if they're underskilled and costing him money. If you'vr got 200-300, you aren't spending much time knowing what you have and don't have in each employee.

Management should take care of that, but that's hit or miss. You've got to have managers willing to run the business as if it were there own, but I think the number who actually do isn't that great. 

To the rest of the first graf, most industries can diversify to weather a downturn.

I think what you've been hinting at is a pretty big part of it.  A friend and I were discussing this issue a year or so ago.  Look back at "the hey dey".....the 1950s.  One company built widget x , another built y , and another built z.  Then , a larger company with a big , recognizable name brand assembled xyz into a finished product and slapped their label on it.  Somewhere along the line , the larger companies bought out x y and z.  Some jobs were shaved off , but we were still ok overall.  Then, we began to "unlevel" the playing field by repealing the tariffs and taxes against products produced by sweat shop labor.  Soon ,  big multinational conglomerates were gobbling up those companies , outsourcing their workforces, and using tax shelters and loopholes to avoid reinvesting here and in our infrastructure.  Look no further than GE.  

Also , there was some sense of symblance of civic pride amongst those smaller entities than a profit at all costs menlity.  Just an opinion.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: wages are 'too high' - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-15-2015, 03:31 PM