Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad Johnson is truly a Cincinnati treasure
(11-07-2021, 11:42 AM)Housh Wrote: If I get lucky and have an athlete child, this model would be what I encourage. If you are a polarizing figure like Chad that can get endorsements, there is no need to touch your playing salary. Live off your endorsements and just save your weekly checks. Im sure the financial advisors the NFL hires tell these kids something like this, and im sure 90% of the kids dont listen lol

EVen if you only played in the league for your first contract you should not be broke within 2 years of playing. I always was baffled how guys are broke so quickly after retiring or playing their last snap.

Much of it has to do with A) they don't understand money and hire the wrong people to invest it and B) They don't cut loose of the people they hung with prior to their NFL career, and have to pay for an entourage everywhere they go, buy them houses and cars, invest in their schemes etc. I think it was Spain who in one of his articles said you simply have to learn to say no, and that includes extended family.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Johnson is truly a Cincinnati treasure - Sled21 - 11-07-2021, 01:31 PM