Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game.......
(11-08-2021, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of avoided the board for a day because it's a shitshow after a loss, but the play call/route is fine and a staple of a lot of red zone plays. It's a whip route which is just a slant and return motion. The reality is it was getting picked no matter where Burrow threw it(he said it was a bit behind but it didn't matter when you watch it back) because he was locked in there. If you watch Ward during the play he stays in the hip pocket on the slant and isn't fooled so as soon as Chase goes to the return he drives on the ball. Even if that ball is way out in front it's still "late" by virtue of the defender driving so early which is a cardinal sin, you can never be late to the boundary or else it's six. You could argue maybe he could get it to the pylon but that's not the throw there it's just at his frame or in front, and so he should have came off it for the crosser to the back pylon behind it.

One of Burrows biggest struggles this year has been looking off defenders. It is a myth defenders watch your eyes, they honestly can't see them well from 20 yards away, but they do watch where the helmet is pointing. The best guys will keep their head down the center of the field but use their eyes and peripheral vision to find their guys, Burrow has not been good this year at doing so.

You might want to double check that. It was just pointed out by a recent color guy--don't remember which game--they showed a close up on replay and you could see his head aimed down the middle but his eyes were hard right. Last year i pointed that out against the Chargers and he's done it many times since. 

Maybe he hasn't been doing it as much lately...but i'd have a hard time believing that. 

EDIT: It might have been Romo, cause i think i remember him chuckling while he was pointing it out "look at that". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: STUPID Play Call On Opening INT Lost Us The Game....... - rfaulk34 - 11-08-2021, 07:33 PM