Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds willing to discuss trading Castillo
(11-09-2021, 04:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Thread title pretty much sums it up.

Story was on local news as well as here:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/reds-willing-to-discuss-luis-castillo-in-trade-talks.html

Welcome to the rebuild again....  Sick

I posted that The Reds announced the day after the regular season that Their Main Focus Is Dumping Payroll.  

Reds say they have to due to money losses, and I can see that.  2020 of only a 2 month season and cardboard fans, and no minor league money at all, Yes, small market Cincinnati took a beating on that money wise. 

If it were me, I would try to dump The Votto Contract to any sucker willing to pick it up.  I wouldn't even want players in return.  The Votto Contract is the Anchor holding this team back, and there is still 3 or 4 more years of it.  

But they won't dump Votto, so we wave good bye to Castellanos and others, as we have waved good bye to good players every year so Reds can pay The Votto Contract.  

The fastest way to dump payroll, is to dump Votto, it's not rocket science, but he will be here until his monster MVP contract of many years runs out in 2025. He is to Reds what Pujols became to Angels, a lot of money that could be used to pay many other players. 

Again I say, the Reds need to be more like Tampa Rays who never get into Votto or Pujols type contracts, and yet they beat the Yankees and Red Sox with half the payroll.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds willing to discuss trading Castillo - kevin - 11-09-2021, 10:06 PM