Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabby Giffords Sues the NRA Over Secret GOP Donation Scheme
(11-10-2021, 10:37 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm sorry, I can't get this off my mind.  So are you saying that you would have preferred she died, if you knew she was going to disagree with your political view?

Absolutely not, and I don't know how you could even infer that.

Quote:But would it have been "respectable" if she took a bullet to the brain, lived, and rallied for gun rights?

In a sense, as my issue is her using her tragedy to attempt to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.  I have tremendous sympathy for her tragedy, but not her using it for her activism.  I realize these two situations are not directly comparable, but say a woman had an abortion from an incompetent doctor and then had to have a hysterectomy.  She then used that experience to campaigning across the country in favor of abortion restrictions.  Would many/most of the same people lauding Giffords feel the same about this woman?  I think you know the answer.

Quote:I'm not even sure personally.  But I bet I could guess which side of the aisle you support.  

Neither, although your supposition does expose a deep problem in this country.  I am for logical policy grounded in fact and evidence, those don't have a party affiliation.  I like some Dem positions and I like some GOP positions.  I dislike to loathe some Dem positions and the same can be said for some GOP positions.  As a person who is for logical policies grounded in fact and logic I dislike Giffords' ant-Constitutional campaign against law abiding gun owners.  Gun violence is certainly a problem in this country, but a simple glance at the raw numbers and how is engaging in it should tell anyone without an agenda that law abiding gun owners are not the problem. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gabby Giffords Sues the NRA Over Secret GOP Donation Scheme - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-10-2021, 11:53 AM