Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds willing to discuss trading Castillo
(11-09-2021, 10:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't disagree with moving him, but I don't like Nick Krall being the guy that's charged with getting a return for such a valuable piece.  He's a garbage baseball executive that's ripe for the fleecing and his uber-anxiety about the payroll makes me think he's going to do something moronic.  By moronic, I mean trade him for a minimal return in exchange for some team eating Suarez or Moustakas' salaries.  They need talent in return if they move Castillo, because they are apparently looking to rebuild again.

FWIW, if they're going to move all these key players, why not toss Winker's name out there?  They aren't going to compete for the division and Winker is going to be very expensive when it comes time to pony up.  Get something for him while he's a hot commodity and come out of the winter with a farm system that's teeming with high-end, controllable talent.

Had the Reds been able to keep Miley, I 100% trade Castillo.  Castillo has proven that he is a #3 at best, cant pitch well to mid June, and just isnt going to be a top tier pitcher.  Its going to cost more than he is worth to resign him, so get what you can now for him.  

On Winker, I dont think he has much value, he cant play more than half a season.  Maybe an AL team looking for a cheaper DH.  I do agree with you he is going to be to expensive to resign, so best to get something for him. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds willing to discuss trading Castillo - plantmanky - 11-10-2021, 04:10 PM