Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
(11-12-2021, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't watch the game, because frankly I did not want to watch the Ravens win again. Someone in the other thread area said Miami ran pretty much the same defensive scheme Lou did. Is that correct?

Coach Taylor likes to use 5 DB's at least 80 % of the time.  The announcers mentioned Dolphins use many DB's and they were amazed Ravens had no answer for it. Announcers said The Dolphins D was FAST and flying to the football and making great open field tackles. 

There is another comparison to Bengals game when Ravens over played their run defense and were almost in a Bears 1985 Defense with everybody up on the line and coming.  This left some wide open plays to Uzomah and Chase.  Last night near end of the game, Ravens were positive Dolphins would eat clock by running. Ravens plan was to stuff the run, get ball back with enough time to win the game.  So Ravens put everybody up to stuff the run as they did against Bengals.  So Tua threw a pass to a wide open receiver who ran most of the field to the 10 yard line.  So the Ravens got burned on over playing the run just like Bengals game.  Dolphins punched it in from the 10 for a late game score that sealed the deal and handed Ravens the loss.  

So Ravens go down.  Hopefully Browns or Steelers or both lose also.  I like Patriots chances of beating Browns. 

PS : I've seen some strange reasons by some for not wanting play-offs.  Put me down for wanting Bengals in play-offs.  This rooting for losing to get draft picks has became pretty lame football.  Mark me down for wanting Play-Offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week - kevin - 11-12-2021, 03:12 PM