Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lengthy Mock - November 2021
(11-12-2021, 04:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Young experience FA Corner on a budget...Panthers Donte Jackson.

Jaxson Kirkland has put up alot of nice tape in his career but damn he looked so very bad vs Aiden Hutchinson. It looked like a Pro vs a High Schooler.

This is why I've seen Kirkland projected anywhere from late-1st to in the 2nd round.
There's a lot of good, but there are instances of getting beat by other big-name prospects.
Think back to like when Chase Young got stonewalled by Rashawn Slater.

The way I see it is if you're taking an OL or DL in the back half of the 1st round, they probably aren't flawless.
And with the addition of Kelce to solidify the C position, I envision a battle at RG and either Carman or Kirkland (or both?) developing behind Reiff (or another FA like Moses) as the future starting RT.
Kirkland would probably be, at worst, the first depth OT/OG off the bench.
Edit - Maybe what sold me on Kirkland was this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WXstRmUo

I can understand though that if people would rather go CB in Rd 1 and then get an OL in Rd 2 to compete for an OL spot.
I just thought CB was deep enough that I could wait until Rd 2 for one and wanted to go ahead and get an OL in Rd 1.

If Kirkland falls far enough in Rd 2, I'd love to get someone like Kaiir Elam (CB Florida) in Rd 1, then Kirkland in Rd 2.
Elam has near-perfect size and good speed, plus he can stick to receivers.
I'd also be cool with Sauce Gardner or a number of other CBs in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lengthy Mock - November 2021 - ochocincos - 11-03-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Lengthy Mock - November 2021 - Synric - 11-12-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: Lengthy Mock - November 2021 - ochocincos - 11-12-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: Lengthy Mock - November 2021 - bfine32 - 11-19-2021, 05:21 PM