Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee.
(11-13-2021, 01:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You are comparing staring at a guy on a football field to sexual assaulting a woman as a "dead on comparison". That 100% trivializes it. You've built up a terrible hill to die on here, Fred.

I am starting to think YOU actually don't know how an analogy works. Or at least I really hope not, because the alternative is you do know and you still think sexual assault is the same as staring at a guy on a football field, in which case you legitimately might be the worst person.

Me:  Raising children is like growing a garden.  

Leonard:  You are trivializing human life by comparing humans to vegetables.  How can you believe that a person is exactly the same a a vegetable?  Why do you think it is okay to eat your children.

People who understand the use of an analogy understand that you are not saying two different things are exactly the same.  Instead you are using an analogy to show a shared logic or abstract relationship.  

The fact that you claim I am "trivializing sexual assault" when I described it as "grossly inappropriate" shows that you don't really have a point.  You are just arguing to argue.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee. - fredtoast - 11-13-2021, 02:08 PM