Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee.
(11-14-2021, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

When Brad does that all I do is post a direct quote of my comment to show proof there was no personal attack in my disagreement.

Can you do that with your post that I commented on?

I'll wait.

As i typed, that was an aside. It wasn't a personal attack as much as it was an observation on your outlandish comparison (analogy).

That was not a good analogy as one thing is a physical, criminal act that can get you jail time and the other is a non-physical act that's done during a game that can get you a 15 yard penalty. There was absolutely nothing common about those instances. 

Then you talked about "The whole point of using an analogy is to present an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is", which is wrong. I can see how you used the comparison based on what you believe an analogy is, but they're both 'wrong' in different ways. 

Using sexual assault in comparison to getting a 15 yard penalty is indeed trivializing it but i'm not focused on that. LL has taken care of that side of it but the timing of using it in this particular thread is peculiar. 

It's not really necessary to debate this any more, so i'll bow out and let others get back to the topic of KB and her landmark appointment.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee. - rfaulk34 - 11-14-2021, 02:12 PM