Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is One Whacky Year In Football
(11-15-2021, 10:42 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I often wonder what the Bengals could do with a real coach; maybe one who has won playoff games in the past.  I have nothing against Zac Taylor personally but here in Cincinnati head coach is an entry level job.

The analogy I like is the excellent musicians of the London Symphony Orchestra being directed by the music staff of Hee Haw.

I honestly believe ZT could be a great HC, but a HC is only as good as their coordinators.  People talk about Marv's overall record, but the team was at its best when they had Zim as DC and Gruden as OC.  

I am not sure about Callahan, but I have faith in Burrow to be vocal enough to ask for what he wants and will make it work.  My biggest question is the defense.  I really liked what Anarumo was doing early, but the complete lack of pressure from the front four in the last two weeks has been very concerning without many changes. 

Where is the safety blitz with Hilton?  Why not blitz Phillips?  That seems to be one of his best traits.  Waiting to get better at what is not working has never worked in my eyes.  They need to adjust faster and get the energy of the defense up with more pressure packages.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is One Whacky Year In Football - SHRacerX - 11-15-2021, 11:07 AM