Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabby Giffords Sues the NRA Over Secret GOP Donation Scheme
(11-10-2021, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Absolutely not, and I don't know how you could even infer that.

In a sense, as my issue is her using her tragedy to attempt to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.  I have tremendous sympathy for her tragedy, but not her using it for her activism.  I realize these two situations are not directly comparable, but say a woman had an abortion from an incompetent doctor and then had to have a hysterectomy.  She then used that experience to campaigning across the country in favor of abortion restrictions.  Would many/most of the same people lauding Giffords feel the same about this woman?  I think you know the answer.

Neither, although your supposition does expose a deep problem in this country.  I am for logical policy grounded in fact and evidence, those don't have a party affiliation.  I like some Dem positions and I like some GOP positions.  I dislike to loathe some Dem positions and the same can be said for some GOP positions.  As a person who is for logical policies grounded in fact and logic I dislike Giffords' ant-Constitutional campaign against law abiding gun owners.  Gun violence is certainly a problem in this country, but a simple glance at the raw numbers and how is engaging in it should tell anyone without an agenda that law abiding gun owners are not the problem. 

Of note, if I remember right, Lougher legally purchased the firearm and ammo, which does give her some , well, ammo, in the argument that sometimes there's nothing legally that can be done, even if there are concerns. 

Which is more a statement on our mental health system than it is gun control.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gabby Giffords Sues the NRA Over Secret GOP Donation Scheme - Benton - 11-15-2021, 04:21 PM