Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bates admits to being in a bad head space
(11-15-2021, 09:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You're honestly trying to spin $6.8m as not much money? Child please.

You're also acting like the NFL is his ONLY source of income right now as if zero endorsement or appearance money has been made at all. 

Not to mention that all of your nonsensical numbers is based off the fact that he just stuffs the money into a mattress rather than even safe investments.

On top of all of that, he has already qualified for an NFL pension because that only takes 3 credited years in the NFL to qualify for. So once he's 55 he'll be getting yearly checks from that as well.

He only has $6.8m, plus endorsement money, plus a pension, and in this theroetical situation where he can play 0 more games suddenly and it keeps him from being capable of working he would have access to NFL disability of up to an extra $135k/yr. How could he possibly ever survive? Poor him.

Mellow

I didn't know about the details of a pension. Pensions are so rare that I thought pretty much everywhere got rid of them.
As for the endorsements, I have no idea what endorsements he has or had.
I also do not know what his investments are.
Since we don't know about the investments and endorsements, I didn't want to speculate that he had done either of them and how much.

Regardless, I stand by my point. We don't know his financial situation to comment whether $6.8 mill would allow him to live "comfortably" the rest of his life. Now if you're talking $10+ mill, I can better understand and agree to that argument, but I think $6.8 mill could potentially be difficult based on location and all that for the next 40+ years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates admits to being in a bad head space - ochocincos - 11-16-2021, 10:58 AM