Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Virginia/New Jersey Governor races
From the last paragraph in the above article byBenjamin Wallace-Wells, which also includes a phone interview with Kimberly Krenshaw:

The rebranding was, in some ways, an excuse for politicians to stage the same old fights over race within different institutions and on new terrain. At my lunch with Rufo, I’d asked what he hoped this movement might achieve. He mentioned two objectives, the first of which was “to politicize the bureaucracy.” Rufo said that the bureaucracy had been dominated by liberals, and he thought that the debates over critical race theory offered a way for conservatives to “take some of these essentially corrupted state agencies and then contest them, and then create rival power centers within them.” I thought of the bills that Rufo had helped draft, which restricted how social-studies teachers could describe current events to millions of public-school children, and the open letter a Kansas Republican legislator had sent to the leaders of public universities in the state, demanding to know which faculty members were teaching critical race theory. Mission accomplished.

Am I the only one who finds it fascinating how quickly this is turning into control of curriculum from outside the school by non-educators from one political party? Get a list of those college professors for the new McCarthyites!

In her interview in this article, Krenshaw situates this current conflict in the larger, longer term project of reaction to progressive race politics, cyclical and generational.  

YoW I just realized--she is viewing this phenomenon through the lens of CRT! Busted!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia/New Jersey Governor races - Dill - 11-16-2021, 01:15 PM