Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bates admits to being in a bad head space
(11-16-2021, 02:33 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: You guys crack me up with this crap. Your earnings are all relative to your peers. I am sure a lot of people look at me as a systems engineer and say 'he makes too much money,' but in reality there are plenty of other systems engineers who make more money than me. Everyone wants to be paid what the market dictates. If the market dictates that Bates isn't worth his desired contract, then he won't get it. I always find it so funny how we are all so quick to hop on the case of players not 'deserving to paid X.' You are worth what the market says you are worth. I am not sure why everyone is so protective of Mike Brown's pocket book.

At least Bates was honest enough to admit that he hasn't been playing to the best of his ability. Plenty of other players would just shrug or brush off inconsistent and lackluster production. 

I wasn't saying he was or wasn't worth it as compared to his peers. My comment was based off other posts about the amount of money he's already getting paid not being enough to live off of if he retired/injured after the season and didn't get another contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates admits to being in a bad head space - Mer - 11-16-2021, 03:52 PM