Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deference to the Defense - thoughts stemming from recent trials
I think people say this group wouldn’t be treated the same really don’t know. I mean it probably happens on occasion, but I don’t know anyone who is familiar with all of the cases in America. We will see an armed white man arrested and hear that if he were black, they would have shit him. Armed black men are routinely arrested without being shot.

But to answer your question, it all comes down to what side the person is perceived to be on. I think Rittenhouse is a moron, and I really don’t like people like that. But from my limited attention paid to the case, I think he should be found not-guilty. In the other case, I’ll say I really don’t know what the law says, but that one stinks to me.

I will say, that except for the death penalty and fruit from the forbidden tree or whatever it’s called,I’m pretty liberal when it comes to the justice system. I don’t think prisons should be hell holes. Punishment is loss of freedom. And I think taking someone’s liberty is very serious, and it is the state’s responsibility to care for the inmates, and should never be outsourced to a third party.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deference to the Defense - thoughts stemming from recent trials - michaelsean - 11-17-2021, 05:05 PM