Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next 8 Games Will Define Zac
(11-19-2021, 12:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What team does give you that confidence?

Buffalo?  Lost to Jax 9-6.  Didn't even score a touchdown against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

The Ravens?  Woodshed by the Bengals, beat by the lowly Dolphins.

The Browns?  We know how their fans feel, right?  After a huge win over Cincy, they crap the bed at New England.

Right now, the most consistent two teams in the AFC have been the Pats and Titans, and neither one of them really scare me.  I think the Bengals could beat both at their best if they are playing their best.  

Consistency is something no team in the NFL has really had this season outside of maybe Arizona and the Titans, and they had a big slip up.

Chiefs and maybe Titans and Patriots are about the only teams I have confidence in right now.
Titans more confidence if/when Henry is back.

But that doesn't mean I have confidence in picking the Bengals to beat the other teams I didn't mention.

And recently bias (two embarrassing losses) doesn't make me favor the Bengals in any matchup against the Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, or 49ers.

49ers because despite their record, I believe Shanahan will exploit this defense like he did in 2019. Also, 49ers only loss to a team with a losing record is Seattle. The rest of their losses came against ARZ (x2), GB, and IND. So I think even though they're 4-5, they'll be quite the competition for the Bengals. Bengals will have some advantage playing at home though, but I don't think playing at PBS is a huge advantage as some other stadiums.

We'll see where the Ravens are at by Week 16. If they continue to have some surprising losses, I might believe the Bengals can sweep them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Next 8 Games Will Define Zac - ochocincos - 11-19-2021, 01:04 PM