Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End (Defund) the Police; The Ugly Truth
(11-21-2021, 01:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, it ran. They eventually stopped operating it because of the high expense to maintain. The main gun had a rod in it that was locked, but removable. Joe had it out at the Yuma Proving Grounds artillery range once to demonstrate that it could work (Sheriff Joe was never a person to miss a media opportunity). So, a little more than your typical VFW piece where they remove the engine and gun except for the barrel. But your point is fair: they never actually used it. Nor do I know of any other departments which have/had an actual tank.

Then again, one might ask why the Richland County Sheriff's office requires an M-2 .50 cal machine gun:

[Image: 170828-axe-lott-sc-tease_svgzbu]

I'm not sure where Richland Co. is, but probably the same reason Texa DPS has their armored boats equipped with machine guns.

[Image: texaspatrolboats.jpg]

Look, I'm not wanting to get into the weeds about the argument over militarization on the police. I think it is a problem, and don't like officers on regular patrol looking like they are about to invade Fallujah. That said, whenever I hear someone in the press talking about some police depts. having tanks, I roll my eyes and think the same thing when I hear them talk about automatic semi automatics assault weapons. They have no clue what they are talking about. I doubt that M-2 is even functional, and if it is, I cannot imagine any circumstance where they would use it simply because of over penetration. Probably up there just for the photograph
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End (Defund) the Police; The Ugly Truth - Sled21 - 11-21-2021, 02:03 PM