Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Zac Taylor for Play Calling
(11-22-2021, 02:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The efficiency isn’t there at 4.1 YPC. This year, if a team is averaging 4.1 YPC they are the 21st ranked rushing offense. It’s a volume thing. Yes, Mixon had 123 yards and that sounds great. However, he also had 30 carries. I would sure as hell hope he had 120+ yards, otherwise he was just running a lot and not doing much with it (the offensive line share blame here, too).

It worked yesterday, but what I’m saying is that this kind of run/pass discrepancy shouldn’t be applauded as “good, he is learning”. You don’t want to be passing 42% of the time and you don’t want to just keep running, even when it isn’t working. The Bengals ran into some bad fronts yesterday and could’ve benefitted from checking into a pass.

Well yes but it helped with the time of possession which ultimately won us that game.. their defense was gassed and the consistent run game was the reason why. I get that overall 4.1 isn’t something to brag about, but it was the right game plan for yesterday. They’ll throw more when the time comes but the “break the dam” game plan seemed to be the right choice… final score being the main evidence of that…
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Props to Zac Taylor for Play Calling - GreenCornBengal - 11-22-2021, 03:01 PM