Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys
My family used to frequent the Thanksgiving game up in Detroit (Pontiac), so I have many good memories and am a bit biased about the Lions hosting. That is a tradition that goes back to the frickin' 1930s, when zeppelins were a cool way to get around. It is a sentimental throwback to a different age, and I for one rather enjoy that. It's the same for Dallas, though they started their tradition a few decades later.

If you want to talk about a bad Thanksgiving tradition, how about the practically non-existent history of the Bengals on Thanksgiving? They've played only once on the holiday in 54 seasons, that shit game against the Jets in 2010. I remember being excited in early '89 because the AFC Central was up in the Detroit rotation for '89, and who else would they pick to play but the AFC Central and AFC Champ Cincinnati Bengals, eh? Yeah, not so much.

When my family gathers this Thursday, we'll have the Lions game on and root for them to smash Da Bears. Just as it should be. If anyone doesn't want to watch they should feel free to join all the women watching the dog show.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys - kevin - 11-23-2021, 03:47 AM
RE: Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys - Awful Llama - 11-23-2021, 03:08 PM