Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End (Defund) the Police; The Ugly Truth
(11-23-2021, 08:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So maybe the policies need re-tooled.

Generally I'd say no to this.  As stated before there has to be some shield for law enforcement or the individual officers would be nuisance sued into oblivion.  We often deal with people who are not rational but don't see themselves that way.  We are accused of oppressing someone because they're being arrested for stabbing someone during a robbery.  We get accused of murder because we didn't shoot someone "in the leg or shoot the knife out of their hand".  The law uses the "reasonable person" standard.  We are very often forced to deal with people who are not reasonable.

Quote:I genuinely don't know too much about it. I'm a guy who sees things like Michael Brown and Daniel Shaver and shit like that and yeah, I get mad at the cops involved. I try not to say all cops are **** ups - a guy I've grown up with is a cop in Toledo and he's as good a guy you'll ever meet - but it's hard not to get irritated as a layman when you see the shit plastered all over the news and social media.

I've said it many times, the Shaver shooting is the most egregious LEO involved shooting I have ever seen.  If any officer ever deserved to be charged criminally it was the POS who shot Shaver.  The Mike Brown shoot was 100% justified, to the point that the Obama DOJ declared exactly that.  If you have the time and inclination read their entire report, it's very eye opening and contains information you will never hear in the main stream media.  Suffice to say Brown attempted to grab Wilson's gun, forensic evidence proves this.  He also attacked Wilson when he subsequently attempted to arrest Brown.  Also, it thoroughly debunks the outright lie that Brown had his hands up when he was shot.  But again, you don't have to take my word for it, read the actual report if you'd like.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.justice.gov%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fopa%2Fpress-releases%2Fattachments%2F2015%2F03%2F04%2Fdoj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf&clen=902958&chunk=true

Quote:In my time here, I feel like I've gotten a peak behind the curtain (as it is) that most don't take the time to search out - mainly due to you, SSF. I'm happy to learn these different view points and how the system actually works, so thank you for that.

I appreciate that.  Honestly things can get pretty heated here, and I certainly have crossed the line at times, it's easier to get mad here than at work because you use all your patience up there where it really matters.  But ultimately I've always tried to provide an accurate picture of how things are in the real world for law enforcement, rather than the horribly skewed version you'll get elsewhere.

Quote:Also, **** social media.

Couldn't agree more.  Twitter might be the worst website on Earth as far as damage done to the social fabric.  A garbage place full of garbage people with garbage opinions.  There are, as always, exceptions, but not enough to save the cesspit. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End (Defund) the Police; The Ugly Truth - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-23-2021, 10:22 PM