Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys
(11-24-2021, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: I hate the idea behind Thursday night games in general. Guys are fully recovered from. Sunday, and they're usually sloppy and lethargic. I'm cool on the Bengals ever playing on Thanksgiving. I hate that they make them play one every year.

Also... Literally nobody outside of Southern Ohio (where the Browns are still more popular), and parts of Indiana and Kentucky wanna watch us.

Nah, I get it.  Over the years I have stated on both here and the mothership that I do not like the Thursday night games in general.  I once had a discussion here with one of the visiting fans about that, and they kept insisting that I only disliked Thursdays because the Bengals had played so poorly.  It might have even been right after Andy's 2.0 passer rating debacle.  So, I understand where you're coming from.  I just happen to think that there is room for an exception, and that exception being Thanksgiving (and only Thanksgiving), which has such a long relationship with and tradition of football.  And, I'd like to see my favorite team play on it on occasion.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys - kevin - 11-23-2021, 03:47 AM
RE: Thanksgiving Day Games Are Turkeys - Awful Llama - 11-25-2021, 10:53 AM