Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05.
(11-16-2015, 06:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im not against signing Zeitler long term...  Im just for keeping other pieces whos contracts are up first and not repeating the mistake we made in 05.  when we paid the wrong 2 players.

It would be great to get him on a long term deal sure.  But why pay andre when we just drafted 2 OT's in the first 2 rounds at that.. one of them needs to be able to step in and play year 2.

I would probly offer Z a similar deal to what Boiling got.   But ILOKA, Jones, Jones, Sanu, and others are all up before someone still under contract imo. unless it saves us money as we can void his 5th year option with a new deal in place.  (Dre K is in the same boat with Big Z)

What 2 mistakes did we make in 05?

I don't know why you're bringing.up Andre since most people have concluded that we're most likely moving on from him after this season.  Cedric will most likely play RT next season and move over to LT in 2017. 

Iloka will most likely get tagged if we don't re-sign him before the deadline. Pacman isn't going to command a lot of money since he's approaching the age when DBs tend to fall off. I believe we'll sign Marvin Jones or Sanu, not both. When it comes to extensions during camp, Zeitler and Eifert have to take priority. At this point, Dre isn't going to be hard to extend because he hasn't done much to earn a big pay day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05. - Bengal Dude - 11-16-2015, 10:01 PM