Poll: Is Trey the Best Bengals FA ever?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson Best FA signing ever?
(11-29-2021, 01:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He had a great game against the Jets, I agree. He did have three 1,000 yard seasons, but total yards are an awful way to judge a player. You have to look at his efficiency. From 2009-2011, there were 59 running backs that had 200 or more carries. Here is where Benson ranked...

Yards per carry - 53rd
Success Rate - 30th
EPA - 53rd

Why did he have those 1,000 yard seasons? Because over that same time frame, he was 4th in total carries. I knew he wasn't very good, but those numbers are flat out awful. That's way worse than I expected. 

Sure, you can look at it that way, but we all know Ced was playing at a time when every defense knew the Bengals would be running the ball. Those were the run run pass punt days. Palmer was coming off the knee injury, Henry had just died and there weren’t too many other weapons to move the ball. I get the YPC was low, but he had an uphill battle majority of his time here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trey Hendrickson Best FA signing ever? - GreenCornBengal - 11-29-2021, 01:07 PM