Poll: Is Trey the Best Bengals FA ever?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson Best FA signing ever?
(11-30-2021, 06:38 AM)SladeX Wrote: Nothing to be said for durability, then? Spirit and it's impact is difficult to quantify...

Well, he did only play 16 games once during his three years here (missed three games in 2009 and only one game in 2011). However, I don't think he was bad in 2009. I think he was okay. He would've had a great volumetric season if he stayed healthy (on pace for 1,536 yards rushing). People love to be enamored by volume stats, though, and they aren't a good way to judge a players performance. He would've been second in rushing but he wouldn't have done it efficiently. You had guys like Jamaal Charles, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, CJ2K, Ray Rice, Ricky Williams and a whole host of other RBs that were better than him that season. 

All of this stuff does matter, these per carry metrics I talk about have a higher correlation to winning than just raw rushing yards. That's why I say that they matter more than just rushing yards. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trey Hendrickson Best FA signing ever? - KillerGoose - 11-30-2021, 10:48 AM