Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers
(11-30-2021, 02:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think there is def still debate. It will become more clear in the next couple years. 

I don't agree with the bolded though. Stronger arm =/= better upside. Burrow's arm isn't limiting, he just needs to keep working on mechanics. 

I don't know much about Herbert, so i don't know how apt he is to develop his intermediate game but so far, he's been pretty mediocre there while Burrow excels. The knock on Burrow last year was the deep ball and this year, the gap between him and Herbert is much tighter than the gap is between them in the intermediate throws. 

Having Sunday Ticket and them being on the West Coast (later starts), I watched quite a bit of Herbert last year and while his numbers were insane, you would be amazed at how many 50/50 balls he just chucked up and Allen/Williams/whomever else would come down with it more often than not.

It wasn't ONLY that of course, but I was taken aback by the sheer amount of these types of passes that he threw; I've never seen a QB throw that many 50/50 balls before and haven't seen it since (only 1 year, but yeah).

It's why smarts and fundamentals (Burrow) will always trump physical talent (Herbert); put both together though and you have an elite player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-30-2021, 03:01 PM