Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers
(11-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If I'm honest, I don't really know the physical limitations of Burrow's arm. I look at the deep pass to Chase against Detroit and I wonder did he just not have enough strength to get the ball into Chase's stride, was it a lack of accuracy issue or was it the pressure that made it so that he didn't get all of his arm into it. Either way, while I don't think his arm strength is an issue like it is with players like Tua, I do think that, if he had a stronger arm, it would undoubtedly open up the playbook more. So when I say "upside" I mean more physical upside. You can't really teach arm strength or speed past a certain point that is usually maxed out by the time a player exits college, but you can teach mechanics that tweak accuracy and you can teach decision making and the ability to read defenses.

Burrow is definitely more accurate than Herbert though. And if I had to take a guy who accurate on intermediate throws and inaccurate on deep throws or vice versa, I'd take the former, which I believe Burrow is.

That was the talk of the offseason work with Palmer. He tweaked his mech to improve velocity. I don't think he has that muscle memory down yet, which could be a cause of some of the underthrows this year. Hopefully, he keeps working with him and gets that stuff down. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers - rfaulk34 - 11-30-2021, 03:31 PM