Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's observation on Joe Mixon
(12-02-2021, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't fact-check his numbers, but it sounded about right.

Lap said that for basically 5 quarters of football (the 2nd half of the Raider game, and the first 3 quarters of the steeler game), that Mixon has roughly 50 carries for 265 yards and 3 TDs.  

That is downright incredible.  

That is a heavy workload, and I was really glad to see Perine and Evans take carries from him after the 3rd quarter against the steelers.  

Joe also made an incredible hustle play to break up an easy INT that Burrow threw at the DE.

Perhaps what I love the most about him is his energy.  Love how excited he gets to just be winning.  I saw the same thing in Chase as he was hopping around like a little kid after making a nice block on a long Mixon run against the steelers.

This was the missing piece on offense.  The running game.  Now, they appear to have found something and they have adjusted to the scheme that Pollack desired.  Before the season, I was so hoping that they could get out to a fast start and being a young, energetic team, they could catch fire.  Well, that appears to be happening.  This is just awesome.  I am not afraid of the "let down" against the Chargers or any other team.  They will get their 10 wins (at least, maybe more) and will make the playoffs.  This team is just different.

I noticed a couple of really good blocks by Chase and the other WR's when I re-watched the game. I think the huge block Chase threw a couple of weeks ago has the WR room humming and has set the standard that they get out there and help run over people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham's observation on Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 12-02-2021, 10:00 AM