Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alec Baldwin Shooting
This topic was discussed quite a bit in the Rittenhouse thread, but obviously further discussion there is not related to the thread's topic. I realize this happened some time ago, but something new recently happened that I thought would spur some interesting discussion. Baldwin just gave an interview to George Stephanopolis and claimed the gun discharged even though he "did not pull the trigger". Now, I know some of you don't know a lot about guns, but this is literally on the cusp of impossible. The gun in question was a single action period era revolver. Being single action two things absolutely must happen for the loaded gun to be able to discharge; one, the hammer needs to be manually drawn back into the cocked position, this could not happen accidentally, and two the trigger then has to be pulled. Of course an obvious third point would be that even if discharged the bullet will not strike something that the gun was not pointed at (barring a ricochet of course).

A friend of mine, one of the ones I've mentioned who knows a hell of a lot more about guns than I do, literally said within a few days of the shooting that Baldwin, a rabid anti-gun advocate, would find a way to blame the gun and not himself. Looks like he was absolutely right.

Lastly, and I don't want to imitate the people in the Rittenhouse thread but, I am interested in how many people find Baldwin's tears "genuine". I know actors and actresses, some names you would absolutely know. One of best friend's little sister was a very long time working actress. I can tell you first hand they can cry at the drop of a hat, it's part of their job after all, and it's been demonstrated to me. Just something to think about. Also, I'd like to hear people's opinions on why Baldwin would even do this interview, although I think we all know the interview came with heavy preconditions.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/alec-baldwin-exclusive-trigger-pulled-pull-trigger/story?id=81491305
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Alec Baldwin Shooting - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-02-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - BigPapaKain - 12-02-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - BigPapaKain - 12-02-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - michaelsean - 12-02-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Goalpost - 12-03-2021, 01:49 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - michaelsean - 12-03-2021, 08:44 PM