Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alec Baldwin Shooting
(12-03-2021, 02:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Negligent homicide.  You have to have been negligent in a way that a reasonable person could foresee someone being injured or killed.  For example, if I knowingly use defective steel in a construction project that later collapses and kills someone.  It's very difficult to prove unless you have a smoking gun as intentional negligence requires more proof than "they should have known".  You need proof that they did know and did it anyways.  I don't think there's any chance at all of criminal charges for Baldwin.  Someone may get sacrificed to make this go away, but it's almost certainly not going to be Baldwin.

There is a little part of me that would like to see charges just because it's obvious to anyone with sense that he was violating the basic rules of firearm safety, but the other part of me knows that would be hard to really say because the nature of filmmaking with firearms is that those rules will constantly be violated. That's a whole other conversation.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - BigPapaKain - 12-02-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - BigPapaKain - 12-02-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - michaelsean - 12-02-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Goalpost - 12-03-2021, 01:49 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - Belsnickel - 12-03-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting - michaelsean - 12-03-2021, 08:44 PM