Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals?
(11-28-2021, 02:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Kyle was very ill-equipped and in over his head when he went to the riot. Keep in mind his age at the time 17. At age 18 we have many servicemen and women who are equipped with more deadly weapons and are thrown in bad situations. We have police officers who are well trained and well over 17 years old and they have to make a split decision like a person trying to take the officer's gun, an officer on the ground being attacked with a weapon, or even another person pulling a firearm on the officer, sounds familiar. Smirk 

There is no law[statute] or case law that I can remember where the defeated party was "asking for it". "Asking for it" is not a legal defense.
Ergo, if a person was ...

1. Walking down a dangerous street with money hanging out of your pocket yelling "Boy I hope no one tries to rob me tonight!" and you get robbed you were "asking for it". 

2. A woman asks to leave your room in the middle of the night and you deny her the right to leave and have un consensual sex with her aka Mike Tyson. Is she "asking for it"? 

3. A man is walking down the crime-ridden street with expensive clothes and jewelry is he "asking for it" to get robbed?

I can go on and on. 

We train those 18 year olds in the military.  We train those police officers.  And they still make errors in judgement.  Now take a 17 ear old with very little/no training and you have a recipe for what happened.

Still self defense but in a situation that could have easily been avoided by both parties.

In the Rittenhouse situation a man walking down the street with a rifle is perfectly legal.  The other people on the street who react to him is normal given the volatile situation.  The police should have tried to send HIM home the same way they were trying to send the protestors and rioters home.

Instead we got the confrontation no one wanted and multiple deaths.  With the bonus of a subset of citizens who now believe he is a hero and they are free to do the same.  

He was not guilty of the charges against him.  I said that from the start.  But I will also talk about the moral and societal problems with the entire situation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Prosecuting Attorneys Have Morals? - GMDino - 12-04-2021, 11:26 AM