Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
We saw Joe Burrow’s “college ceiling” in 2019 and it was the most spectacular year any college quarterback ever had culminating in his record breaking NCAA Championship performance. It was amazing to watch.

Even for a #1OA pick, the “pro ceiling” is rarely as high; Carson Palmer comes immediately to mind. Joe Burrow may fall in the same category but I don’t think so; he will most likely be more successful than Carson. I’m just glad the run game is starting to take shape because it means the Bengals don’t have to rely on Joe Burrow to put the team on his back. That’s unrealistic for any quarterback.

From what I’ve seen in 2021 the Cincinnati offense is best when balanced between pass and run — with more runs than passes. In the blowouts against Detroit, Las Vegas, and Pittsburgh the Bengals rushed far more than they passed; only in the big win against Baltimore did they pass more which was smart on that particular day because the Ravens had no answer for Ja’Marr Chase.

Right now I am happy to see the Bengals playing like it’s 2009 again with solid rushing, passing when the opposing secondary bites on the run, and playing stout defense. That recipe resulted in a 6-0 record in the AFC North and right now the Bengals are 3-1; I can easily visualize a 5-1 division record in 2021.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-04-2021, 04:22 PM