Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
(12-04-2021, 02:34 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers took a few years of being a starter to really become an elite qb. He also sat his first several years before starting.

Of course there are other qbs that broke out earlier, but most qbs break out around year 3, and continually get better.

Drew Brees was another late bloomer. Manning took a few years to become Peyton Manning.

I think it’s safe to say that Burrow has only reached 70% of his potential. He’s still got a lot to learn and improve on. He’s smart. He’ll continue to improve. The line improving game to game year to year will do wonders as well.

Peyton was #4 in passer rating, #4 in YPA and #7 in TD% in his second season. He burst onto the scene fairly quickly. The league was a little different in 1999, so he wasn't putting up the numbers that we are used to seeing today but Peyton became really good, really quick.  Aaron Rodgers took off in his second season of starting as well. Top five in most major passing categories. That jump that these guys made in that second season isn't that far off from what Burrow is doing now, to be honest. 

#9 in passer rating
#5 in TD %
#2 in YPA

I think towards the end of next season, barring any major mishaps, we'll have a good idea of where Burrow is going to land. I think he is going to be a top five guy by end of 2022, if he doesn't finish there this season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet - KillerGoose - 12-05-2021, 12:31 AM