Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will the REAL Bengals please stand up?
I think, at this point, we can say definitively that this is the real Bengals.

Take out the Vikings with Burrow coming back from his huge injury, drop a laugher to the hapless Bears the next week. Follow that with a dominating win over the Steelers, and then almost blow it against the Jaguars. Play inspired football against the Packers, but then give it away on a series of missed field goals to lose. Dunk on the Lions and then drop 41 on Baltimore, give up an 11 point lead to NYJ in, what, 9 minutes the next week, give up 41 to a crippled Baker Mayfield the following week. Beat the brakes off of the Raiders, drop 41 on the Steelers and then give up 41 to the Chargers.

High potential, low consistency is the name of the game in Cincy. I still think we ride this wave into the playoffs, but I can't say that with anything but faith at this point because they've shown no ability to consistently put together full games. We could go 6-0 to end the season or we could go 0-6 and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Do we win a playoff game this year? Again...totally random. I give it a pure and unweighted coin flip's chance that we make the playoffs and win a game. Because that's what this team is. They're a coin flip. It's a great foundation to build from in 2022, but for now let's just enjoy the ride and see where they take us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the REAL Bengals please stand up? - CJD - 12-06-2021, 07:13 PM