Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will the REAL Bengals please stand up?
(12-06-2021, 09:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So division games don't count anymore?

Right now Bengals are THIRD in the league in wins over teams with winning records (3).  Tenn and GB are the only teams that have won more.  Bengals are also one of only 6 teams that are better than .500 against teams with winning records (3-2).

Not what I meant at all.  Just saying that teams play weirdly in their own divisions.  They know each other better (playing twice a year, every year), have sometimes personal issues against the other teams.  They're wins, they count the same.  But I would never strictly use division games (for any team in any division) as my barometer for whether a team is playing well.  For the Bengals specifically?  2009, they swept the division.  6 of their 10 wins came against division foes.  My recollection is the the rest of the teams they beat had losing records.  Maybe one of them didn't.  And they lost to a team that just scraped by .500 not only in the final game of the season but right again after in the playoffs.  The division wins matter, but they weren't a true marker of how the team would ultimately do that year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the REAL Bengals please stand up? - MileHighGrowler - 12-06-2021, 11:37 PM