Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC
(12-07-2021, 10:49 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Belichick comes from the Paul Brown coaching tree.  I don’t know know many times you’ve seen Bill do interviews but he quotes from Paul Brown a lot.  

While I don’t expect Zac Taylor to be the second coming of Belichick I certainly expect him to be a better game planner and play caller but after seeing Zac compile a 13-30-1 record I realize this is too big an ask.  

Mac Jones threw THREE passes last night.  The Patriots, a team with no defensive coordinator, held the potent Bills to TEN points.

There’s no magic here.  There’s no voodoo.  Bill Belichick takes what the defense gives him and he takes what the weather gives him too.  The Chargers were all over Joe Burrow last weekend but the pass plays still got called.  The Chargers’ secondary did a great job in coverage but the passes kept coming.

I dunno Fan, I saw em getting torched a few times, but we dropped the ball(s) literally. Chase had his man burnt for six, but instead decided to just hand the ball to the defender. Uzomah let a sure conversion go straight through his hands, from what I saw, Tee Higgins absolutely owned his man most of the day, Boyd played well. 

I get it, everyone is down after the loss, but we can't lose objectivity in a witch hunt. We were running the ball and driving for a go ahead score after being down 24-0 when our RB had his fist fumble in around 300 carries. 

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think Mixon toted it 19 or 20 times, Perine had a carry or two, Burrow had at least one rush, and he had 40 pass attempts. When you're playing catch up ball, I'd say that's a pretty good mix. Execution was poor, that can be blamed on the coaches for not having guys ready, but I thought the play calls weren't bad. Lou made adjustments, and the defense helped get us back in the game. Turnovers and drops were a huge reason we lost.....and untimely penalties that Reiff and Hopkins likely wouldn't have gotten.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-07-2021, 11:46 AM