Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.
Obviously, the first two years contributed greatly to this metric, but it's going to take quite a number of future wins to approach .500 in his tenure (currently only 13 wins). He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.

No one will care about his first two seasons if he has actually built a winner.  If he wins a playoff game this year or next he will probably still have a worse regular season record than Lewis, but fans will hold him in higher esteem.

I have spent as much time as anyone ripping on Taylor.  But if he wins I will praise him.  No one complained more than I did when we signed Adam Jones, but when he balled out for us I was one of his biggest supporters.  He still pulled some knucklehead shit when he was here, but he wasn't getting in fights with his own teammates or getting people shot like he did before.

But 12 games into his third season the book is still out on him.  From what I have seen so far from this 2021 team we could just as easily end up with a losing record as making the playoffs.  I would not bet anything on them winning any of our remaining games, but I would not bet against them either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC - fredtoast - 12-07-2021, 02:45 PM