Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
(12-07-2021, 02:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oddly his decision making has been suspect at times this year. I think he'll learn and come around. I didn't see him panicking so much last year under pressure. He's thrown some ugly picks trying to avoid sacks. Part of that is the pass protection needs to get better, part of it is that he needs to be sharper with his decision making. Sometimes it's not a bad play to fall down and take a sack, or throw the ball away.

Rodgers and Manning also each sat for at least a year, and neither had a major injury right off the bat. It's tough to say when Burrow will break out, but my guess would be next year. He'll have a full year under his belt and a full offseason to focus on his game instead of rehab. 

I think we can be an elite team next year. Burrow has been good, but not great this year. The line has improved, but aren't quite there yet. The defense has improved drastically, but aren't consistent yet. It would be nice to see a playoff win though. 

Peyton started from day one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet - Shake n Blake - 12-07-2021, 06:44 PM