Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Where is the Improvement with giving up Sacks
(12-08-2021, 03:31 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Burrow is definitely responsible for a good bit of sacks, but we also still need some pieces on the OL imo. We could really use a stud C to start, probably an upgrade at RG depending how Adeniji and/or Carmen progresses. A long term solution at RT. Rieff has played well for the most part but has also struggled at times. He's solid but getting up there in age. Who knows about Carmen at this point. He has potential but he has to reach it. Smith has a high ceiling it seems, but he's injured so who knows. Prince hasnt impressed me much. A flash here and there. With all the weapons we have, if we could build a real dominant OL, this offense would be damn near unstoppable.

I see zero chance they take a guard unless they just don't extend Spain, which would be absolutely criminal.  Adeniji has played well enough to keep the job and Carman showed some promise and was a high pick.  They've stuck with worse players for longer than either of the guys.  Smith looms as well, and it looked like he was going to be a guard to begin his career.  

Totally agree about getting a center.  If they shell out money for another big FA, I'd love it to be on a center.  No draft crapshoot, just pay a proven commodity.  Allen, Jensen, Jones, IDC.  I like Kelce but he's got some mileage and an injury history.  Incredible intangibles and leadership qualities, though.  James Daniels is another option, as Mikey loves his local kids, but he seems to be excelling at RG moreso than he did at center, so paying a guy big money to play a position he hasn't proven himself at seems risky.  

I'm all for drafting another T.  I like Reiff, but there needs to be a long-term answer and I'm not sure it's here right now.  Ideally, I'd like to see one drafted early to play RT and then be a possible hedge vs Jonah leaving in a worst case scenario next year.  I'm a biased Lexingtonian, But Darian Kinnard is a mountain of a human being with good feet that's been getting it done in the SEC for a long time.  Should be available when we pick....  Also played for OC Liam Cohen at UK, who came from the Rams, who you'd think runs a system somewhat similar to Zac's, but that might be a stretch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is the Improvement with giving up Sacks - samhain - 12-08-2021, 09:45 AM