Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle.
(12-08-2021, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hunter Henry was their big FA signing, and they also added Trent Brown and Nelson Agholor. Agholor did have nearly 900 yards receiving last year. Not great, but WR2 numbers. Brown is playing at a really high level again back in NE after leaving the Raiders.

I think a lot has to do with their coaches, schemes, and mentality.
It's crazy how successful Josh McDaniels is as an OC, and more impressive that he has chosen to stay with NE instead of going elsewhere to be a HC again.
Bill's son Steve is the one who calls the defensive plays even though he's not technically the DC. He's been doing a phenomenal job.

The Bengals, on the other hand, have just "meh" coaches. 

Exactly that; they got rid of Newton, got their opt-outs back and added 2, "new," players (and Henry hasn't done a whole lot, outside of the 7 TDs). I put new in quotes because Brown was with them previously. Brown also has only played 5 games, so he hasn't done much either.

I get your sentiment on the coaching, but I wouldn't say we have, "meh," coaches; before this year, absolutely (would be even more disparaging than, "meh," TBH), but they have been given time to improve and they clearly have, as well as bringing in new line coaches that have undoubtedly improved the team immensely.

They don't set the world on fire, but the games called, the players reactions and the culture, show that the current staff has improved and may help the team reach heights it hasn't in decades.

Another season like the last 2 and it would be time to move on, but time will tell the worth of the staff, at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Belichick is showing you that coaching matters. Don't settle. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 12-08-2021, 01:03 PM