Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Where is the Improvement with giving up Sacks
I haven't seen such vigorous defense of mediocrity (at best) since the days of Marvin Lewis. I really don't get it. Even if you don't think the line is complete trash (I don't) you should at least be positioning yourself on the "we definitely need to be better" side.

As far as stats, different sites show different things.

Pro Football Reference advanced stats show the following:

Sacks- 2nd most
Attempt- 17th most
Pocket Time- 23rd most (which suggests he isn't hanging around all that much)
Pressures- 9th most
Blitzed- 18th most (which means teams are getting pressure with the guys up front)

ESPN's pass block win rate has us ranked 31st.

But I guess we can go on blaming Burrow and the RBs for everything. Apparently that narrative is really sticking. Probably because everyone is burned out talking about the line. Which I 100% get. LOL

Tbh, I think the hidden reason this debate is so intense is that we have different expectations for the line. Some will be content with an average line. I don't think everyone believes a top line to be necessary, and if that's the case, you probably think we're very close to achieving that.

Others want studs up front. A top shelf o-line. Looking at it that way, we're still pretty far off.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is the Improvement with giving up Sacks - Shake n Blake - 12-08-2021, 05:52 PM