Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson possibly done for season
(12-07-2021, 11:14 PM)Tony Wrote: I wonder if O'Dell Thurman has any eligibility left?

Well if Josh Gordon is still in the league, why not?

(12-08-2021, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing wrong with signing a guy off the streets.  I just don't expect to sign a guy to step in and start and play at a high level.

We have gotten lucky in the past (Spain, Wallace Gilberry, Chris Crocker) but those are the exceptions to the general rule.  Usually you sign a guy off the street because he is better than the guys at the bottom of the roster, not the top.

High level? Probably not. Better than your typical young practice squad guy? Probably, depending on who you sign. Just being a veteran with starting experience gives you a leg up over the young practice squad guy, who really is the bottom of the roster type you're talking about anyway.

We've also gotten by with vets signed off the street. Jeff Faine. Ced Benson. Larry Johnson. Dhani Jones. I also remember signing a vet LB off the streets several years ago and he filled in decent enough. Can't remember his name though.

Edit: I believe the player I'm thinking of was Lemar Marshall in 2007. Started 3 games for us in a pinch and totaled 9 tackles and a sack.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Logan Wilson possibly done for season - Shake n Blake - 12-08-2021, 07:17 PM