Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday
(12-11-2021, 11:59 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This argument is always so goofy, thankfully you don't run into it as much. I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but yeah, Graham isn't the GOAT. 

Depends on what your criteria is. It's all subjective, really. I put heavy weight on era as well as how they looked compared to their peers. That's why it's still Montana for me.

1. His efficiency was just way ahead of his peers. Unlike Brady, who has always been outshadowed by the likes of Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc in regular season. What separates Brady from Michael Jordan status is that MJ dominated regular season as well. He was unquestionably the top player for pretty much his entire career.

2. This includes playoffs, where Joe's performance actually got better, unlike Brady, who played a bit worse in post-season.

3. Due to the physicality of Joe's era, he had some pretty legendary injuries and was lucky to play to 38. Due to the lack of physicality (and partly due to Brady's nutrition), he's going to play at an elite level to 45 years old. Which helped him get what? 3 more rings?

------------

Because there is no Jordan type of guy, I still think you can make valid arguments for Brady, Montana, Graham and even guys like Unitas and Peyton Manning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Tony - 12-09-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Tony - 12-09-2021, 10:13 PM
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Tony - 12-11-2021, 12:02 PM
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Shake n Blake - 12-11-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Tony - 12-09-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday - Tony - 12-11-2021, 12:00 PM